Building off my previous experiences with Big Data platforms and the various teams that build and support them, my current responsibilities include architecture, design and pre-sales work relating to a number of up-and-coming analytics solutions and projects. This work spans multiple cloud environments and a diverse range of underlying technology stacks, such as:
- Azure (Including HDInsight, Data Lake Store and clusters built on IaaS technology)
- AWS (Including PaaS and serverless offerings such as Lambda, EMR and Athena)
- GCP (Including DataProc, DataFlow, CloudDeploy and clusters built on IaaS technology)
- Hadoop (multiple variants)
- Workflow Management (Airflow, Oozie)
- Real-time analytics (NiFi, Kafka, Confluent, Storm)
The remainder of my time is spent managing and mentoring consultants currently assigned to other projects on client sites, helping them overcome their day-to-day challenges and meet their career goals through coaching, structured L&D and by facilitating internal networking.